- The Other End of the Leash , by Patricia McConnell, Ph.D. A new book (2002) with positive training methods;
how to use human and dog body language to help your dog understand what you want the dog to do. Also a good read.
- Bones Would Rain from the Sky, by Suzanne Clothier. Another new book, discussing the author's experiences with positive training.
- Second-Hand Dog: How to Turn Yours Into A First-Rate Pet,
by Carol Lea Benjamin. Many local foster groups give this book out
- Good Owners, Great Dogs, by Brian Kilcommons and
Sarah Wilson. How to choose a puppy or dog; preparation
for puppy and training (including housebreaking); adult
dog care and training; solving common behavior problems.
- General health books:
- The Complete Book of Dog Health, by W. J. Kay,
DVM/Animal Medical Center. Includes an encyclopedia of
diseases, their treatments and preventions.
- Holistic health books:
- Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for
Dogs and Cats, by Richard Pitcairn, DVM. Includes diets
for good health, as well as treatments.
Back to top